Youth; Disability History And Culture
Kids As Self-Advocates (KASA) / Spanish / Tip Sheets / Youth Leadership / Youth Self-Advocate Resources
This collection of KASA (Kids As Self-Advocates) resources is created for youth, by youth, about disability history and culture.
- Awareness Through Networking
- Disability Pride: What is it? How can we express it?
- Youth Friendly/Accessible Language
- Medical Model v. Social Model
- Modelo Médico versus Modelo Social
- Disability Worldwide
- What is Disability Culture?
- What is Self-Determination?
- ¿Qué es la autodeterminación?
- The History of Disability Portrayal in the Media; Disability Culture Part I
- Disability Portrayal and the Media Today; Disability Culture Part II
- Disabilities and Self-Image; Disability Culture Part III
- An Unknown Culture
- The Truth About Disability
- Disability History Timeline
- Respectful Disability Language
- KASA/NYLN Document Accessibility Checklist
- KASA/NYLN Accessibility and Accommodations: Making Opportunity Accessible to All