Leadership is a Journey: A Series for Youth Self-Advocates
Family Voices / Leadership in Family and Professional Partnerships / Webinar Archives / Youth Leadership / Youth Self-Advocate Resources
National Center for Family/Professional Partnerships (NCFPP) in collaboration with the Autistic Self-Advocacy Network, Kids As Self-Advocates, and Youth MOVE, is pleased to offer a webinar series that supports the identification of leadership as a journey and support understanding and learning in key leadership development areas.
- Webinar 1 & 2: Knowing Yourself as a Leader: Join us in the first of a series of short leadership development sessions. These first sessions explore how personal reflection and self-assessment helps each of us increase our understanding of our personal leadership style. We provide examples of reflection and assessment activities and include personal experiences from advocates for youth.
- Webinar 3 & 4: What is my Culture? What are my Values?: Each of us has a personal leadership style and leadership journey. This is shaped by personal values and culture. The next sessions in the leadership journey series focus on defining culture and values and how each connects to leadership. As we reflect on our own culture and leadership, we discuss how to engage in reaching health equity and building inclusive communities. Join us in this session for learning, reflection activities, and discussion.
- Webinar 5: Cultural Perspectives on Self-Care in Leadership: How do you create an environment that is supportive of each person’s values and cultural perspectives on self-care? The purpose of this session is to explore person-driven approaches to self-care. We also share concrete and inclusive practices that emerging young leaders can adopt that embrace diverse perspectives and collective approaches to community and self-care.
- Full Series Flyer
- Webinar 1 Recording: Knowing Yourself as a Leader Pt1
- Webinar 1 Slides: Knowing Yourself as a Leader Pt1
- Webinar 2 Recording: Knowing Yourself as a Leader Pt2
- Webinar 2 Slides: Knowing Yourself as a Leader Pt2
- Webinar 3 Recording: What is my Culture? What are my Values? Pt1
- Webinar 3 Slides: What is my Culture? What are my Values? Pt1
- Webinar 4 Recording: What is my Culture? What are my Values? Pt2
- Webinar 4 Slides: What is my Culture? What are my Values? Pt2
- Webinar 5 Recording: Cultural Perspectives on Self-Care in Leadership
- Webinar 5 Slides: Cultural Perspectives on Self-Care in Leadership