- The prospects for legislation to address the pandemic’s financial impact are very unclear at the moment, but it is still within the realm of possibility that an agreement will be reached before the election.
- Hearings begin next week on the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.
- The FDA issued revised vaccine-approval guidelines that would preclude authorization to use a COVID vaccine before the election.
- CMS issued new guidelines on nursing-home visitation.
- The administration is requesting information about a Recommended Measure Set for Medicaid-Funded Home and Community-Based Services. Comments are due October 19.
- The Georgetown University Center for Children and Families released a report on the decline in children’s insurance coverage over the past three years.
Read the complete the issue here.