Greetings from Washington, DC
In this Update:
- The prospects for legislation to address the pandemic’s financial impact are very dim.
- The Senate is expected to vote on Monday to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.
- The Maternal and Child Health Bureau is seeking comments on a draft “Blueprint for Change: Guiding Principles for Advancing the System of Services for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) and Families.” (See “Your Input Sought” section, near the end of this Update.)
- The deadline has been extended until November 18 for comments on a Recommended Measure Set for Medicaid-Funded Home and Community-Based Services.
- The deadline for people who do not file tax returns to submit information to the IRS in order to get their stimulus checks this year has been extended until November 21.