Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide, 3rd Edition
Raising Healthy Infants, Children, and Adolescents
The Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide: Raising Healthy Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 3rd Edition, was written by families for families. Family Voices and the American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures National Center co-created the guide to help families and providers work together to promote the health and wellness of children. The importance of families as equal partners in promoting the health of children is central to Bright Futures.
The Family Pocket Guide is a quick reference for families that highlights:
- Timely, up-to-date information that is culturally responsive.
- Support for the roles you play every day in the health and well-being of your child.
- Information about the importance of well-child visits for all children, including children and youth with special health care needs and their families.
- Encouragement to speak up, be listened to, and take an active role in your child’s care as an equal partner and expert.
- Ideas and strategies about ways to form partnerships with others (eg, families, professionals, community service providers) to improve policies, care, services, and support for all children and families.
- An overall framework for children’s health and insight into the many people who contribute to it.
- Relevant information about child development and building resilience—the ability to bounce back and withstand challenges.
Short overview video (2 min)
Bright Futures Family Guide Webinar
The Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide: Raising Healthy Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 3rd Edition, is the result of a collaborative effort between Family Voices and the American Academy of Pediatrics Bright Futures National Center. It is a revision of the Family Voices publication: Bright Futures Family Pocket Guide: Raising Healthy Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 2nd Edition. The edition has been updated to reflect content from Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents, 4th Edition.