Family Voices / Immigration
The Family Voices Immigration Toolkit* is a collection of documents designed to inform, empower, and assist families of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and the professionals who support them to prepare for the possibility of an emergent immigration situation and/or to collect supporting documentation that accurately reflects the extent of hardship on the health and well-being of a child with SHCN if s/he or the caregiver is detained or removed. The many resources that are part of the Family Voices Immigration Toolkit are found under the “Immigration” category on the Family Voices resources webpage.
The resource listed below is a compilation of additional resources* that can help guide your family with discussions and decisions concerning immigration issues.
*This toolkit and additional resources are not intended to be legal advice
- CYSHCN Document Checklist
- Childcare Options
- Know Your Rights with ICE
- How to Choose a Doctor to Write a Letter in Support
- How to Identify Immigration Status
- How to Ask About Immigration Status
- Introductory Letter to Assist Families Seeking Letters of Support
- Introductory Letter of Support Template for Professionals
- Letter of Support Request Template (Long Checklist/Fill in the Blank)
- Letter of Support Request Template (Short Checklist)
- Immigration Toolkit Additional Resources