How to Find Help

If you have a child or youth with special health care needs (such as premature birth; autism; mental, behavioral, or emotional health issues; a genetic diagnosis; or a physical or developmental disability) you can get help from your state’s Family-to-Family Health Information Center (F2F)The F2F can help you with:

  • Finding services for your CYSHCN and family
  • Understanding eligibility for Title V, Medicaid, or other state agency services
  • Understanding private health insurance
  • Communicating with doctors
  • Understanding your child’s medical condition
  • Connecting to a disability-specific support organization or group
  • Finding support for yourself
  • Building leadership skills and partnering with professionals to improve systems of care
  • Finding culturally and linguistically appropriate services

…and answer other questions you might have.

The F2F is staffed by family members and others whose children have special health care needs, so they understand what you are going through.  Find the F2F in your state.